Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Expressing Myself With Poetry, by Chelsea

Have you ever wondered if there was a way to express your feelings in a way that helps you? Try poetry.

Poetry is a very helpful way to express your feelings and not have to act them out. For example, the type of feelings you can express are love, fear, anger, happiness, etc. You can say how you love someone, how someone broke your heart. There is just an endless cycle of topics. I use poetry myself at times when I have to say something but no one is around to talk to, and it helps me a lot.

Hopefully, you will try poetry one day to see if you like it. I can promise you will like or maybe even love poetry.


Careless A poem by Chelsea









Careless mistakes

Careless memori
es
My teenage life breaks
down in front of me.
I only wanted to have fun.
I only wanted to try it once.
Why did they try to hurt me?

They said it would be fu
n.
Yet, they lied.

I thought they were my friends,
I thought I could trust them.
They only cared about themselves.

Now I'm addicted,

addicted to careless things
and to careless people.
I know it was my fault but why did I have to be so...
Careless?

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea--you are absolutely right about the power of poetry. It takes a huge amount of effort to understand ourselves, and things always seem clearer after we've tried to put them in words, even if we are dissatisfied with the results. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete